10 Cabbage Leaves
50g Enoki Mushrooms
50g Bean Sprouts
1½ Tsp Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Sugar
½ Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Chicken Powder or Vegetable Stock
Salt to Taste
1. Slice the carrots into thin threads. Cut the enoki mushrooms in half.
2. Boil 2 litres of water in a saucepan. Add cabbage and blanch for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from pan and place under cold running water.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp oil on high heat in a wok. Add carrots and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add enoki mushrooms and bean sprouts, stir fry for a few seconds.
6. Add salt, sugar, pepper, Tbsp chicken powder and 1 Tsp soy sauce.
7. Stir fry for 2 minutes until vegetables are soft, transfer onto a dish.
8. Cut & remove the thick stem at the base of each cabbage leaf.
9. Place the cabbage on a flat working surface, place the vegetable mix in the middle of each leaf.
10.Then roll it like a spring roll and place rolls on a shallow dish.
11.Place rolls into the steamer with 1 litre of water, cover and steam on high heat for 5 minutes.
12.When steamed, remove and place on dish.
13.Add 170ml of water in the wok and stir in the cornflour.
14.Add soy sauce and stir for a few seconds.
15.Add chicken powder and cook for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
16.Pour sauce over rolls and serve.