2 large Red Apples
1 Pack Puff Pastry
20g Icing Sugar
1. Cut apples into halves & remove the core.
2. Slice apples into very thin slices.
3. Place 1 litre of water in the saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Place apple slices into the saucepan and blanch for a minute. Remove from the water and drain.
5. Place the apples under cold running water for 2 minutes and drain.
6. Roll the pastry into about 1mm thin sheet, cut into 1 inch strips.
7. Mix the egg & milk in a bowl then beat until light.
8. Place 1 strip of the pastry flat on a work surface and brush with the egg mixture.
9. Place the apple slices one at the time onto 2/3 of the pastry strip skin side up.
10. Carefully roll the pastry strip and apple from one end to the other to form a rose.
11. Apply some pressure to ensure a firm seal at the end.
12. Place the apple roses onto a baking tray.
13. Place into a pre heated oven 180 degree and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven onto a cooling rack to cool down.
15. Dust with icing sugar and serve.