Dry Ingredients :
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (1/4 cup)
- All Purpose Flour (3/4 Cup)
- Powdered Sugar ( 3/4 Cup)
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- Baking Powder (1/4 Tsp)
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Mix very well so that leaving agents are properly distributed all over the flour.
Wet Ingredients :
- Place a sauce pan and put a cup of water
- Place a larger bowl on the top. ( Water should not touch the bottom surface of the bowl )
- Oil (1 Tbsp)
- Butter (2 Tbsp)
- Dark Chocolate (1/4 cup)
- Melt until silky smooth.
- Milk (1/2 Cup)
- Add milk gradually while stirring it in.
- Cool to room temperature
- Mix dry ingredients in chocolate mix
- Use cut & fold method to mix it in using spatula.
- Add in 2 or 3 batches mixing in properly.
- In a square mould, line the base with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter
- Level it with spatula
- Pre-heat oven at 180C & bake for 25-30 min
( If you do not have oven please watch this video : https://youtu.be/Wc5PQsn_oQ0 )
- Take a skewer test before taking it out.
- Remove the brownie from the mould and place it on baking safe tray
( I realized it later that it becomes very easy to remove the brownie first and then add the toppings as the toppings are very soft and sticky it becomes a bit difficult later on )
- Marshmallows ( slice 2 - 3 large or 12 - 15 small )
- Milk chocolate chunks
( Milk chocolate melts quickly complimenting the time required for marshmallow)
( You can put chocolate chips, snickers or anything of you choice, I like a soft gooey chocolaty layer rather than crunchy chocolate chips as I already get crunch from dry fruits )
- Add Sliced Almonds.
( You can add peanuts, walnuts, cashews or hazelnuts )
- Put in Oven for 4 - 5 min on the highest temperature of your Oven.
- Keep an eye on marshmallows as it will darken very soon.
- Cut into squares.
( Please keep in mind that you have to place the brownie inside the ball. )
Step 2 : Chocolate Ball
- Place a sauce pan on the stove top
- Add a cup or 2 water
- Place a heatproof bowl on the top of it
- Please take care that the water underneath should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Dark chocolate (1/2 Cup)
( Dark chocolate makes the shape hold better )
- Milk chocolate (1/2 Cup)
( Milk chocolate makes the ball melt quickly )
- Leave it alone for 5 min
- Stir it with a spatula.
- Let it melt until its silky smooth
- Take the bowl off the heat on the counter
- Wipe the condensation off the bottom of the bowl
( Do not let even a single drop of water enter the smooth chocolate )
- Tempering of chocolate :
Dark chocolate (1/3 cup)
- Tempering will give the ball hard and shiny appearance.
- Stir it in and start mixing
- In a min or two it will start melting.
- To make a ball you need spherical mould.
- I have bought it from amazon so check this link : http://amzn.to/2wgBAHC
The total chocolate will make 2 chocolate balls
- Pour 1 - 2 tbsp chocolate in spherical mould.
- Spread the chocolate with brush or spatula.
- Tap on the surface to remove excess chocolate
- You can re melt the chocolate from parchment paper and use it again.
- Level it with a spatula
- Refrigerate for 10 min or until hard
- 2nd coat : Pour 1 tbsp more chocolate
- 2nd coad will avoid cracks and make it more sturdy.
- Spread it again with brush
- Refrigerate for another 10 min or until hard
- Carefully peel off the ball
- To make a ball, rub the surface little bit on hot skillet
- Join to hemispheres to make a ball
- Place the balls carefully until its ready to serve.
- When you are about to serve, microwave a class bowl for 1 min
( You can pour water and then microwave )
- Rub the chocolate ball on the bowl to create a cavity.
- Make a flat base and a hole in the bottom
Step 3 : Chocolate Ganache
- Cream (1/2 Cup)
- Microwave for 30 sec
- You can put it in saucepan and heat till tiny bubbles appear
- Dark Chocolate (1/3 Cup)
- Rest for 5 min
- Whisk until smooth
Step 4 : Assemble
- Place rocky road brownie on the dish
- Place a scoop of ice cream on it ( I like vanilla ice cream in this dessert)
- Place the chocolate ball on the top of it